NOCIL is dedicated to the fundamental tenets of safeguarding people's health, protecting the environment, reducing risk and supporting sustainable growth. Its endeavor to comply with all applicable legal and internal Environmental, Health and Safety requirements allow to better conserve energy and natural resources, prevent pollution and protect the health, safety of people. NOCIL's focus on operational excellence enables continual improvement of our EHS systems, products and activities. We at NOCIL believe that our commitment to sustainability generates value for us and our stakeholders, as well as for future generations. NOCIL combines economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, thus, contributing to a better future.
It is the policy of NOCIL LTD. to conduct its activities in such a way as to take the foremost account of the Health and Safety of its employees and of other persons working in its plants, to give due regard to the conservation of the environment and to comply with all the relevant statutory requirements Please refer detailed policy statement by clicking on HSE Policy.
NOCIL undertake various activities that help to use natural resources more efficiently, minimize emissions, protect the ecology and ensure the safety of people.
Under Occupational Safety, NOCIL focuses on,
- Providing a safe working environment in plants, laboratories and offices.
- HAZOP studies prior to changes/ modifications, departmental & central safety committees, suggestion scheme, safety inspections, safety campaigns to enhance built in safety in every activity.
- Employees are trained in safe operating procedures, technical skills, first aid and the fire fighting.
- Employees are also trained for handling emergencies through regular mock drills.
- A periodic review of the same is carried out to ensure that the safety practices adopted are uniform and follow the well laid out policies and procedures.
- 'Safe Attitude Encouragement' interaction round inculcates safety behavioral changes in day to day activities.
- Regular monitoring of HSE performance through predefined indicators, compliance to external & internal audits ensures continual improvement.
NOCIL is recognized as a benchmark in the field of HSE and it reflects the sincere commitment of the management towards Health, Safety and Environment. Company's management further wishes to reiterate its deep and abiding commitment towards HSE.
Prevention is the essential factor in all our environment, health and safety activities. Meeting this company guideline, NOCIL holds,
- Routine medical check-ups
- Health awareness lectures for employees.
- Medical camps during festival to offer medical aid to local villagers.
NOCIL carries out an extensive review system prior to any modification in chemical process or new process to protect employees, site neighbours and the environment. All proposed investments undergo a thorough environment, health and safety review. Over and above the mandatory legal requirements, audits of existing plants are conducted on a periodic basis, in line with the prevailing safety standards.
NOCIL is committed to undertake various measures to conserve natural resources including water.
NOCIL's R&D team continuously work on reduction of waste & thereby increasing the yield of a process to help in pollution abatement.
Emergency response and crisis management
NOICIL has a well-rehearsed on-site emergency management plan. Weekly drills & periodic mock drills are practiced to ensure timely action in mitigating the probable emergency situation.
NOCIL is certified under Integrated Management System (IMS) consisting of ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) and BS OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety System).
NOCIL undertakes distribution of accurate and reliable product documentation that satisfies global regulatory and compliance requirements. The requirements of REACH for products marketed in the European Union and country-by-country implementation of the Globally Harmonized System for Classification and Labelling (GHS) impose new requirements for detailed, region-specific documentation.
Click Here To Download Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) PDF